Monday, August 13, 2007

Where's the Hook Up?

Dear Friends and Family,

Now that I'm a resident of hi-tech Japan, you'd think that getting an internet hook-up at home would be a piece of cake. Not so - it takes lots of patience and native-like proficiency in Japanese.

Unfortunately, I have neither.

So, thank God for globalization - I'm at my local Seattle's Best coffee shop, sipping green tea-flavored lattes as I scam their free wi-fi connection. My apologies for the delay in getting you all an update - read on for news on my (mis) adventures in this fantastic country. I don't officially start teaching until Aug. 31, so you'll see that I've been doing a lot of "playing" these past two weeks. Hope to be able to update it more regularly moving forward, so please check back!!

Miss you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Updating me with your news was a great birthday present!! Yes, as of today, I'm 12 months short of "OMG....I am really old!!!" Great pics and man, Princess Di is living it up!! You settled down real well. Missing you on the Americana side.

Merry Jerry

Alissa said...

Hi Sara!!
Not much of a blogger myself but you seem to be a pro. Amazing pics, what an experience! The AHA isnt the same without you, Shaun and I whine to eachother often. Miss you and glad you are having fun. Still hoping to plan a visit after the new year. Good luck and have a blast:)

Anonymous said...

Hola Sarita,

Muy interesante las historias que narras. Sé que tendrás un año fabuloso.

Besos,

Adolfo