Monday, September 3, 2007

わたしのかぞく (My Family)


Meet the Ohsakis, the lovely Japanese family that has agreed to take not one, but two, clueless gaijin under their wings. The Ohsakis are my new host family here - we met on Sunday for a get-to-know-you lunch. Pictured here are only three of the family of seven (Mr. and Mrs. Ohsaki have two other children, plus grandma and grandpa live with them) and a fellow JET who's "sharing" them with me (hi, Jess!).

How cute is my imoto (little sister)? Her siblings are 11 and 13 - roughly the ages of the students I'm teaching - so this will be a great way for me to learn what makes a Japanese 'tween tick outside of school (I need all the help I can get, as I don't think I've hung out with Jr. High students since I was one). They're an incredibly sweet family, so I'll look forward to spending time with them!

2 comments:

Son of Higashi said...

Hey Sara,

Vaughn here. Got a few interested parties in Thanksgiving visit...did I already tell you this? Jeez, sorry if I did.

Things look good in F-ken; keep it up and がんばってよ!

Anonymous said...

!Hola Sara!

Glad to see you are doing well

Nice job on your page.

Take care,

Cecilia